10U+: Teamwork Single-Leg Deadlift
08/04/2016, 8:30am MDT
By USA Hockey
- Partner players who are approximately the same height.
- Players use a long hockey stick, dowel or five-foot rope.
- Stand in athletic position: feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Both partners hold stick (or rope) with two hands straight above head, reaching for the ceiling.
- Both players stand on right leg.
- Both players bend forward, touching stick to toes.
- Return to upright position, hands above head, reaching for the ceiling.
- Repeat five times.
- Perform five repetitions standing on right foot, then five on left foot.
- Execute with only one hand on stick, alternating hands.
Drill of the Month